WASHINGTON STATE CHAPLAIN FOUNDATION
The Washington State Chaplain Foundation provides support through our fundraising efforts to the Volunteer Chaplains who serve through the
Washington State Patrol and the Department of Fish and Wildlife Police, throughout the 39 counties and 179,000 square miles of Washington State. Our
twenty chaplains serve in eight districts for the WSP and six regions for
Volunteer chaplains provide a wide range of care not only to employees but
their families and the public. The most obvious services the chaplains
provide is assistance with death notifications. However, a bigger part of
what they do is focused on spending time with officers and troopers in their
day to day activity to develop relationships to help them do their very
difficult jobs. They also respond to major disasters when called anywhere in
the State. These volunteers serve 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and 365 days a year. Whenever and wherever they are called, they go.
The WSCF is committed to the highest standards of training, expertise, and
professionalism. To this end, WSCF founded the National Police and Fire
Chaplain Academy. This academy trains chaplains globally to be the most
comprehensive, high quality and practically equipped chaplains anywhere.
This includes expertise in police, fire, and community chaplaincy skill
If you would like to support this program you can click here.
In addition, all WSCF chaplains are regularly trained and certified in the following areas:
International Critical Incident Stress Foundation: ICISF
- Certification in Critical Incident Stress Management for Individuals
- Certification in Critical Incident Stress Management for Groups
- Certification in Advanced Critical Incident Management including Major Incidents
National Incident Management System-NIMS
- Certifications in ICS 100a–Intro to the Incident Command System
- Certification in ICS 200b–Single Resources and Initial Action Incidents
Certification in NIMS 700b–The National Incident Management System
National Police and Fire Chaplain Academy-NPFCA
- Diploma in comprehensive chaplaincy meeting standards for the International Conference of Police Chaplains and the Federation of Fire Chaplains qualifications.
- Training in equipment, trauma support, millennial culture, crisis intervention and response and a host of other areas in the environments of community, police and fire services.
Certification in Suicide Prevention, intervention and Post Incident Care.
First Aid Certification and Select Training in Combat Casualty Care related to First Responders.