WASHINGTON STATE CHAPLAIN FOUNDATION
The Washington State Chaplain Foundation was originally formed to provide support for the chaplaincy program for the Washington State Patrol and the Department of Fish and Wildlife Police. In 2021 the foundation expanded their support to include chaplains from any State Agency, Police, Sheriff or Fire Department.
We are now the Washington State Police and Fire Chaplains
WSCF Volunteer chaplains provide a wide range of care not only to employees but their families and the public. The most obvious services the chaplains provide is assistance with death notifications. However, a bigger part of what they do is focused on spending time with officers and Fire Fighters in their day to day activity to develop relationships to help them do their very difficult jobs. They also respond to major disasters when called anywhere in the State. These volunteers are on call 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Whenever and wherever they are called, they go.
The WSCF is committed to the highest standards of training, expertise, and
professionalism. To this end, WSCF founded the National Police and Fire
Chaplain Academy. This academy trains chaplains globally to be the most
comprehensive, high quality and practically equipped chaplains anywhere.
This includes expertise in police, fire, and community chaplaincy skill
If you would like to support this program you can click here.
In addition, The WSCF holds updated Training for chaplains who are trained and certified in the following areas:
The National Academy is pleased to announce Dr. Dan Clark will be training Critical Incident Stress Management, Group and Individual in Gig Harbor June 12, 13 and 14th.
This three-day class taught by Dr. Daniel W. Clark, Ph.D., who is a licensed clinical psychologist. He recently retired from the WSP, where he provided clinical services to Washington State Patrol employees and their family members. He was an integral part of supporting the Washington State Chaplain program. It is a pleasure for the Washington State Chaplain Foundation to host Dr. Clark. For more information and to register email Director Robert Grimes <firstname.lastname@example.org>
International Critical Incident Stress Foundation: ICISF
- Certification in Critical Incident Stress Management for Individuals
- Certification in Critical Incident Stress Management for Groups
- Certification in Advanced Critical Incident Management including Major Incidents
- Certification in Critical Incident Stress Management: Strategic Response to Crisis.
National Incident Management System-NIMS
- Certifications in ICS 100a–Intro to the Incident Command System
- Certification in ICS 200b–Single Resources and Initial Action Incidents
Certification in NIMS 700b–The National Incident Management System
National Police and Fire Chaplain Academy-NPFCA
(For more info go to academy tab)
- You will receive a certification from the national academy in comprehensive chaplaincy, mirroring national standards for Chaplaincy training.
- Training, trauma support, millennial culture, crisis intervention and response and a host of other areas in the environments of community, police and fire services.