WASHINGTON STATE CHAPLAIN FOUNDATION
The Washington State Chaplain Foundation provides support for the chaplaincy program for the Washington State Patrol and the Department of Fish and Wildlife Police. The WSCF is not responsible for any of the operations for the chaplain program, but they support it financially through our fundraising efforts. There are
twenty chaplains who serve in eight districts for the WSP and six regions for the WDFW Police.
WSCF Volunteer chaplains provide a wide range of care not only to employees but their families and the public. The most obvious services the chaplains provide is assistance with death notifications. However, a bigger part of what they do is focused on spending time with officers and troopers in their day to day activity to develop relationships to help them do their very difficult jobs. They also respond to major disasters when called anywhere in the State. These volunteers are on call 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Whenever and wherever they are called, they go.
The WSCF is committed to the highest standards of training, expertise, and
professionalism. To this end, WSCF founded the National Police and Fire
Chaplain Academy. This academy trains chaplains globally to be the most
comprehensive, high quality and practically equipped chaplains anywhere.
This includes expertise in police, fire, and community chaplaincy skill
If you would like to support this program you can click here.
In addition, all WSP/WDFW chaplains are regularly trained and certified in the following areas:
International Critical Incident Stress Foundation: ICISF
- Certification in Critical Incident Stress Management for Individuals
- Certification in Critical Incident Stress Management for Groups
- Certification in Advanced Critical Incident Management including Major Incidents
- Certification in Critical Incident Stress Management: Strategic Response to Crisis.
National Incident Management System-NIMS
- Certifications in ICS 100a–Intro to the Incident Command System
- Certification in ICS 200b–Single Resources and Initial Action Incidents
Certification in NIMS 700b–The National Incident Management System
National Police and Fire Chaplain Academy-NPFCA
- Diploma in comprehensive chaplaincy meeting standards for the International Conference of Police Chaplains and the Federation of Fire Chaplains qualifications.
- Training in equipment, trauma support, millennial culture, crisis intervention and response and a host of other areas in the environments of community, police and fire services.
Certification in Suicide Prevention, intervention and Post Incident Care.
First Aid Certification and Select Training in Combat Casualty Care related to Law Enforcement.